Chairman of Awards International and advisory to Customer Experience Foundation
During the 90s Don joined Quest Media, a magazine publishing company as Deputy Managing Director to launch award programmes and events in conjunction with the magazine titles. The National Sales Awards, National Customer Service Awards and the National Business Awards over 3 years created 4,000 delegates attending award events and supporting conferences, exceeding the publishing side of the business.
In 2007 Don elected semi-retirement status and became a consultant at UBM and published a book “Wow! That’s What I Call Service”
Don became Chairman of the Awards International in 2009 and the company runs a portfolio of successful award programmes and conferences in England, Northern Ireland, Dubai and Servia.
Dons Professional Achievements:
- Founder National Sales Awards (1997) National Customer Service Awards (1999) and over 50 other award programmes worldwide
- FCII Founding Director/Managing Director Sun Life Unit Services Limited
- Life Time Achievement Awards: European Call Center & Customer Service Awards, and the UK Customer Experience Awards
- Founder member and Honorary Life Fellow, Professional Speaking Association
- Advisor to the Customer Experience Foundation
Storytelling Session : CX Heroes & Villains
Don Hales experience in the UK includes outstanding and less than outstanding CX from his research, awards and writing. Whilst Don’s stories contain awe-inspiring moments and some embarrassing ones, Don goes on to examine the lessons that can be learned from these examples.
Using examples from HomeServe and Virgin money Don will explain what makes these companies stand out from the crowd by taking the concept of customer experience far beyond normal expectations. You will learn what makes these brands CX leaders and why they are named as some of the best employers across the globe.